My Favorite Supplies - What You'll Need for This Course
Simply Florals Supplies Links
You will be using the same basic set of supplies for each painting every month. You can easily find these supplies on Amazon, Blick Art, or at your local arts and crafts stores. Below is a list of these supplies:
- Canson Watercolor Paper pad (size 9x12)
- Winsor & Newman Cotman Sketcher's Pocket Box Set
- Winsor & Newton Permanent Rose (one small tube)
- Round Brush Set (Sizes 1, 4, 6, 10 - if you aren't able to find a size 1, a size 0 or 2 round brush will work)
- Kneaded Eraser
- Paper Towel
- Graphite Paper (optional if you plan to trace not using your windows or a light box - check out this post on different ways you can trace patterns)
- High Quality Paper: When you are ready to move on to a more expensive, higher quality paper, I highly suggest Arches Cold Press
- Plastic Board: I just bought a corrugated plastic poster board and cut it down. You can also just tape your paper down to your working table if you need to. However, I only ever tape down my larger paintings that have a lot of water. If you are using a 140lb paper like I mentioned above, and just doing a card or small painting, I wouldn't worry about taping it down.
- Tape: I use Scotch painters tape because I've found that masking tape can sometimes tear my paper if I leave it on too long.
- Light Board: My favorite light board is my window but if I'm working at night, I either use the Softbox app on my iPad or my trusty TickTek LED lightboard.
Simply Florals Supply List.pdf