Everything you need to make ART and NATURE STUDY a fun and DOABLE part of your family's life!
You can learn and grow in both ART and NATURE STUDY and I can help!
As a mom of four littles, I know how overwhelming life can be and how many things beg for our attention. But, I've also seen the real difference studying nature and art has had on each of my children's (not to mention, my own) happiness.
I want to make it EASY for you to experience this for yourself. I want to give you EVERYTHING you need to make art and nature time a success in your home. It is truly my heart and my passion!
With your membership to the Nature’s Art Club, you get the framework and support you need so your family can get to the fun part: painting, drawing and learning about art and nature at home.
No planning and no searching for the perfect project to get your kids engaged. It's all here, ready for you to use, designed so that making art and precious memories with your family will feel fun and effortless.
- Intro to Watercolor Supplies, Organization, & Tracing on Watercolor Paper
- Introduction to Watercolor Techniques Basics (17:25)
- Apple & Squirrel (27:53)
- Butterflies & Snail (46:57)
- Fall Leaves & Mushrooms (38:13)
- Acorns & Tom Turkey (30:53)
- Holly & Partridge (35:08)
- Mouse & Snowflakes (22:47)
- Moon Phases & Snowdrops (24:05)
- Beetles & Spring Vegetables (43:56)
- Daffodils & Rabbit (29:05)
- Dandelions & Frog (38:21)
- Seashells & Blue Whale (27:09)
- Lemons & Octopus (37:48)
- SPRING: Bonus Watercolor Paintings (119:19)
- SUMMER: Bonus Watercolor Paintings (70:32)
- AUTUMN: Bonus Watercolor Paintings (105:53)
- WINTER: Bonus Watercolor Paintings (79:52)
- Introduction to Drawing (5:44)
- Intro: Drawing Supplies and Lines (9:56)
- Intro: Make a Values Chart! (7:12)
- Drawing Tutorial - Acorn (14:40)
- Drawing Tutorial - Carrot (14:09)
- Drawing Tutorial - Flower (19:10)
- Drawing Tutorial - Stick (10:00)
- Drawing Tutorial - Holly Leaf (16:40)
- Drawing Tutorial - Pea Pod (15:26)
- Drawing Tutorial - Pinecone (22:19)
- Drawing Tutorial - Pine Bough (17:01)
- Drawing Tutorial - Rock (12:47)
- Drawing Tutorial - Shell (18:22)
- Drawing Tutorial - Strawberry (16:53)
- Introduction to Colored Pencil Drawing
- Intro: Colored Pencil Supplies (4:09)
- Intro: Colored Pencil Tips & Techniques (8:57)
- Colored Pencil Drawing Tutorial - Box Turtle (21:44)
- Colored Pencil Drawing Tutorial - Dragonfly (23:01)
- Colored Pencil Drawing Tutorial - Fox (28:19)
- Colored Pencil Drawing Tutorial - Robin (26:01)
- Colored Pencil Drawing Tutorial - Sunflower (20:33)
- Video 1: Our Favorite Nature Journaling Supplies (9:32)
- Video 2: Your First Nature Journal Entry (15:50)
- Video 3: I Notice, I Wonder, It Reminds Me Of... (6:01)
- Video 4: Three Journaling Languages (6:34)
- Video 5: Getting Kids Excited About Nature (9:06)
- Nature Journaling Just for Mom
- Printable Nature Journal and Nature Journaling Guide eBook
- Invitations to Nature eBook: 48 Activities to Inspire Kids to Love Nature
- Nature Phenology Wheel (11:17)
- Creating A Sit Spot with Anna Stunkel (7:52)
- Sound Maps & Spectrograms with Anna Stunkel (7:26)
- Building Homes in Nature: Fairy House, Brush Pile, & Toad Adobe with Anna Stunkel (6:45)
- Forcing Branches To Blossom with Anna Stunkel (Spring Activity) (6:42)
- Insect Hotels with Anna Stunkel (Fall Activity) (5:57)
- Making A Birdfeeder with Anna Stunkel (7:04)
- Adopt a Ground Plot with Anna Stunkel (6:59)
- Adopt a Tree with Anna Stunkel (13:57)
- Animal Track Molds with Anna Stunkel (6:21)
- Setting Up a Moth Sheet with Anna Stunkel (6:01)
- Respecting Nature - How to Respect Nature (3:51)
- Respecting Nature - Simple Ways to Help The Environment (3:26)
- Respecting Nature - Snakes, Insects, & Spiders! (7:08)
- Respecting Nature - What if I find an animal that needs help? (8:57)
Watercolor Painting Tutorials
We include 24+ watercolor painting tutorials that cover multiple subjects in nature and seasons of the year. Each tutorial includes a step-by-step video lesson, additional educational lessons, fun facts and observation worksheets, coloring pages for younger artists, and a related poem. Our Watercolor Painting Tutorials are for all ages!
Drawing & Colored Pencil Tutorials
We have 10+ drawing video tutorials featuring subjects in nature that are easy for children to follow along. Then, graduate up to the next set of colored pencil video tutorials to take your nature study art to the next level. We recommend our drawing tutorials for ages 8+ but anyone can try!
Nature Journaling & Nature Activities
We have over 60 nature activities and crafts for all ages. Included are both downloadable PDF craft tutorials as well as nature journaling and activity video tutorials to get your kids out in nature and exploring the world around them. For those bird lovers, we also have a section just for learning more about Birds. These nature activities are for all ages!
How do I access the subscription?
You will have access to everything in the Nature’s Art Club directly in Teachable (right here.) Teachable is an easy-to-use online learning portal that keeps track of your progress so you can easily start and stop at any time. You can access this course at the Lily & Thistle Teachable Creative Studio (https://lily-and-thistle-studio.teachable.com/courses/).
What kind of art supplies will I need to get?
We’ve spent months researching the best supplies at the best price point. When you subscribe, you will have access to the list complete with links for your convenience. To do the watercolor projects, you will only need to buy a small watercolor paint set, two brushes, watercolor paper and an optional pen. Every project will use the same supplies every time so you won’t have to keep buying more! You can checkout the supplies list here.
Can I use this with my whole family?
Yes! Each membership to the Nature’s Art Club is intended for one subscription per family. Simply login to the Nature’s Art Club on Teachable and begin to walk through the watercolor painting lesson with your kids, print out the additional materials, or learn more from the educational content provided.
What age group is this for?
The Nature’s Art Club can be adapted for all ages and stages! When creating this product we tried to imagine a mother sitting with her children around the kitchen table. The mother we imagined has an 12 year old and an 8 year old who really want to learn to paint and draw but also a 5 year old who is happy to color with crayons. She can decide to join in or to just let each child do their own thing. All of the items provided in the subscription can satisfy the needs of children at different stages of life – even teenagers (watercolor tutorials, drawing classes, templates to trace, coloring pages, etc.). She can also ask a child to share some of the included fun facts and they can watch the video links provided or they can all read the nature poem together. When they feel like going outside, there are also many nature journaling activities that everyone in the family can do together.
What is the time commitment required each week?
There are no required time commitments in the Nature’s Art Club. You can use it weekly, every other week, monthly, or however often you want. I would suggest giving yourself about 30 minutes to an hour to paint, draw, or color. The activities can be done in as little as 15 minutes. Use what works for you and make it last as long as you’d like.
Do I need art, painting, or drawing experience to enroll?
NO – and that’s the beauty of all of my courses! I make sure that everyone can be successful, no matter their art background. I provide templates for almost all of the painting projects and guide you through each step in the both the painting and drawing courses. If you already have some art experience these resources are also for you! You’ll further your education and provide an exploration of more drawing and watercolor techniques!
What kind of support will I get?
You will automatically get access to the Nature’s Art Club private Facebook group. Here you can ask questions, post discoveries and share with the community. You can also always reach out to us via email if you have any pressing questions or concerns.
What is the refund policy?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you not satisfied with the Nature’s Art Club, please contact us within the first 30 days and we will provide you with a full refund.
Can I use this with a class of students?
Yes – this is the perfect resource for a class or co-op! There are pricing plans available for small, medium, and large groups. Small groups are one login access for use up to 5 families. Medium groups are one login access for use up to 15 families. Large groups are one login access for use up to 30 families. Your purchase is a one-time payment for 12-months of curriculum. Each year you would purchase a new curriculum package as this is a not an auto renewal. Please reach out to [email protected] and we can help you get access and get started. This curriculum would be perfect for homeschooling co-ops and other homeschooling groups.
Meet Your Instructor
Hannah Stevenson is an artist, teacher and mom to four. Her passion is to help creative moms make time for their art. She writes about about creativity, nature, intentional education, and mindful family life at LilyandThistle.com. She also makes paper dolls!